6 Common Causes of Cellulite on the Legs and Butt
Cellulite is something many women (and some men) struggle with daily. More than 85 percent of all women 21 years and older suffer from cellulite. While cellulite can be aesthetically frustrating, there’s nothing inherently wrong with it in terms of your overall health.
That doesn’t mean cellulite isn’t a problem. The appearance of cellulite on the legs and butt can be embarrassing, and can also have a significant negative impact on your overall self-esteem. If you’re hoping to eliminate stubborn cellulite for good, Venus Legacy
treatments from Vein & Laser Institute may be your ideal solution.
What Is Stubborn Cellulite?
Stubborn cellulite transpires when fat deposits rise through the connective tissue beneath the skin. It’s more common in women than men because the fibrous bands of a woman’s connective tissue do not provide as much crossover support under the skin’s surface. Fat then bulges out from this connective tissue. Cellulite can happen to anyone regardless of their shape, weight, or size.
Causes of Cellulite
A person having cellulite is not necessarily a factor of body weight. Though diet and lifestyle affect cellulite formation
, a large part of cellulite comprises toxins and fat that build up in the body and can affect any body structure. There is typically not one cause of a person’s cellulite, but rather a combination of factors.
- Age. Most women begin to develop some cellulite after puberty. This is due to a woman’s fat being distributed in the thighs, hips, and buttocks – the most common areas for cellulite to appear. Cellulite is also more common with aging because our skin naturally decreases in elasticity over time.
- Genetics. Your genetics play a pivotal role in certain body factors, including the speed of a person’s metabolism, fat distribution under the skin, and circulatory levels. If there is a long line of women in your family history that all have cellulite, your chances of developing it are that much higher.
- Body Fat Percentage. Your body fat percentage can directly impact the appearance of cellulite regardless of your size or if you are considered thin.
- Lack of exercise. Following a strength training and cardiovascular program enables you to lower your body fat and increase muscle tone. Both of these can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Poor nutrition. Poor eating habits, including excess consumption of alcohol, caffeine, and spicy foods, can contribute to cellulite formation.
- Smoking. Smoking tobacco products can weaken the skin because it constricts capillaries. Smoking can damage the connective tissue that causes the dimpling effect of cellulite.
Venus Legacy For Treating Cellulite and Loose Skin
Many women complain of both cellulite and loose or sagging skin
. Over time, the skin naturally loses its elasticity, leading to drooping, sagging, and dimples in unwanted places. Venus Legacy is a non-invasive device that utilizes multi-polar radiofrequency and pulsed magnetic fields to create a therapeutic heat matrix over the skin. This process triggers a thermal reaction under the tissue that stimulates the body’s natural healing response, increasing blood circulation and causing the skin to contract.
The final results showcase a reduction of cellulite, noticeable tightening of the skin, and even a decrease in localized fat deposits. In addition, the treatment area will immediately appear smoother and firmer to the touch.
Learn More About Venus Legacy Treatments For Cellulite Reduction
If you feel as if you’ve tried every at-home method for treating cellulite and still struggle with its appearance, it’s time to invest in a proven method. Venus Legacy
treatments for cellulite reduction can significantly diminish the appearance of your cellulite and restore an attractive, more youthful appearance.
Contact Vein & Laser Institute today to learn if Venus Legacy is the ideal choice for your skin tightening, fat reduction, and cellulite reduction needs.