Neuromodulator injections (Dysport and Botox) are the perfect solution for those looking to ditch their wrinkles while still maintaining their natural look and expressions. Smooth fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead, between the brows (11’s), around the eyes (crow’s feet), and elsewhere with predictable, precise results.
Our expert injectors prioritize each patient’s personal goals to deliver their ideal results. We emphasize a conservative approach to preserve your natural beauty and keep you looking and feeling like yourself. Dysport and Botox are an excellent option for first-time cosmetic patients hoping to smooth lines with a single procedure and with little to no downtime.
What are Neuromodulator Injections?
- Neuromodulators are prescription injections that provide temporary improvement in the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Your provider injects specific muscles to smooth problem lines and wrinkles without impacting movement elsewhere on your face.
- You will still retain your natural expressions, but will see improvements to facial lines in the treatment area.
Botox and Dysport disrupt the communication process between your nerves and muscles. This prevents key muscles responsible for wrinkles from contracting. The skin is able to relax, and the accompanying fine lines and wrinkles fade. The injections are temporary, and full muscle contractions will reappear after several months.
When will I see Dysport results?
Dysport® improves the look of fine lines and wrinkles in as little as 2-3 days.
How long can Dysport last?
The amount of time your results last will depend on the location of the injections and the number of units, as well as your face’s unique aging process. The average Dysport patient sees results lasting between 4-5 months. Ask your provider what they expect your results to be like at your appointment to get information about what you might experience in the months following treatment.
Before and After Dysport
The following should be considered if you are interested in neuromodulators – your provider will go over these at your appointment prior to injecting.
- Are allergic to neuromodulators or any of the ingredients in neuromodulators
- Are allergic to cow’s milk protein
- Had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product, such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), onabotulinumtoxinA or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA)
- Have a skin infection at the planned injection site
Determining if you’re a good candidate for Neuromodulators
Most patients with fine lines or wrinkles in the forehead area and/or around the eyes are good candidates for Dysport. However, if you have experienced any of the following, you may not be an ideal candidate:
- You have had surgical changes to your face
- You have very weak muscles in the treatment area
- You have pronounced facial asymmetry
- The injection site is inflamed
- You have droopy eyelids or sagging eyelid folds
- You have deep facial scars
- You have thick, oily skin
- Your wrinkles can’t be smoothed by spreading them apart