What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a simple, quick and comfortable procedure that sets off your skin’s natural glow. The process removes dead skin cells and tiny hairs (peach fuzz) from your face. This smooths the skin, making its overall appearance brighter and your skin texture even more. It also helps with premature aging concerns like fine lines and hyperpigmentation and can improve acne scars.
Schedule a consultation to learn whether dermaplaning is appropriate for your skin’s needs.
Regular dermaplaning treatments can improve the following:
- Acne scars
- Dull skin
- Dry skin
- Brown spots and freckles
- Fine lines
- Uneven skin tone and texture
When performed by an experienced provider, dermaplaning has few to no side effects. There is also no downtime and no recovery period, so people find it simple to fit into their schedules. Results typically last several weeks, and regular treatments will help prolong them.
Steps of the Dermaplaning Treatment Process
- Treatment typically takes 20-30 minutes total.
- Your esthetician will use a dermaplaning tool to gently, carefully scrape your skin. The tool will be at a 45-degree angle.
- The exfoliation is gentle and precise, without discomfort.
- After treatment, your esthetician will apple a soothing topical substance and sunscreen to protect your skin.
- You may experience slight redness after dermaplaning, but side effects are typically minimal to nonexistent.
Can I perform dermaplaning on my own at home?
There are consumer dermaplaning tools available for purchase, and some people decide to try dermaplaning on their own at home. But performing dermaplaning yourself significantly increases the risk of side effects like infection, accidental cuts, or other complications. We always recommend working with an experienced provider to ensure your skin’s safety and the best possible results.