What is LimeLight?
Everyday exposure to the sun and normal aging can cause unsightly marks to develop on your face. While ‘age spots’ may be inevitable, that doesn’t mean you must accept them.
Vein and Laser Institute offers LimeLight IPL, a new and non-invasive way to revitalize your skin. It reduces or eliminates surface imperfections as well as overall skin tone.
If you would like to regain the skin you had before the effects of aging and sun damage, now is your chance!
LimeLight IPL treatments are ideal to treat the following skin conditions:
- Brown and red spots
- Excessive redness, including rosacea
- Sun damage
- Superficial veins / broken blood vessels (telangiectasia)
Our doctors use LimeLight to treat the décolleté, face, and neck. It is appropriate for all shades of brown spots, tiny veins, and redness. While specific results cannot be guaranteed, most patients respond very well to this treatment, and are pleased by the results. Photofacials are appropriate for a wide range of patients interested in improving excess pigmentation.
How does IPL treatment work?
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) targets excess pigmentation and damaged cells in the skin with light energy.
- The skin is gently heated with a variety of wavelengths of pulsating light.
- Unwanted cells are broken down by the heat.
- The body then removes the cells naturally, with the damaged skin flaking away.
- The skin is ultimately clearer and more youthful, with an even tone.
- IPL can treat a variety of conditions with its range of wavelengths, from brown spots and fine lines caused by sun exposure to scarring or redness caused by injury or broken blood vessels.
Before and After LimeLight IPL Treatment
What to Expect with Your LimeLight Treatment
- Our doctors understand that every patient requires and deserves a customized approach to treatment. Aging affects everyone differently, and no two people have the exact same skin tone.
- After customizing your LimeLight IPL treatment plan, your doctor will deliver pulses of light that heat your pigmented skin cells. The heat serves to dissolve the cells, and helps them fade away.
- The procedure entails minimal discomfort, and requires no downtime following treatment. As your doctor delivers the light pulses, you may experience a mild stinging or pinching sensation, which will not last more than a few minutes.
- Most of our patients see the results they desire in only one to three treatment sessions.
- Of course, results depend on the degree of sun damage, and the condition of your skin at the start of treatment. Your doctor will recommend a specific number of treatment sessions during your initial consultation.
Get Your Complexion Back!