When should I seek professional vein treatments?
While varicose veins may be common, that doesn’t mean there is no path forward or way to find relief. Bulging veins can become frustrating for a variety of reasons, including appearance, discomfort, and difficulty performing regular activities. If you are experiencing any of the below in relation to your varicose veins, reach out to our office today to schedule an appointment:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty exercising or enjoying routine physical activity
- Chronic and/or debilitating pain
- Venous ulcers
- Overall change to your quality of life
Common Varicose Vein Symptoms
- Heavy-feeling legs
- Discoloration of skin
While spider veins are typically painless, their appearance can also merit treatment, especially if they are in prominent locations like the arms, legs or face. Spider veins may also seem like they are causing discomfort, which is related to the deeper feeder veins.
What are my vein treatment options?
Vein and Laser Institute offers state-of-the-art treatment options for varicose and spider veins. At your first appointment, one of our physicians will meet with you and examine your veins, perform advanced diagnostics and discuss your treatment goals to determine your ideal treatment plan.
Your treatment plan may include:
- EVLT – Endovenous laser therapy closes leaking veins to resolve broken valves and varicose veins. Treatment can be performed with only local anesthesia, and patients are able to return to work in 1-3 days after the procedure. EVLT has a high success rate and offers a less invasive treatment option than the traditional stripping and ligation procedure.
- Phlebectomy – During this procedure, your doctor makes tiny incisions in the surface of the skin and removes diseased veins through these incisions. The procedure is minimally invasive.
- Varithena – We are proud to be the first clinic in Crown Point to offer this advanced vein closure foam. Varithena is administered using an ultrasound machine to make the procedure minimally invasive.
- VenaSeal – This FDA-approved vein closure system is also one of the newest and most advanced varicose vein treatments available in the Crown Point area. VenaSeal uses an adhesive to closing leaking veins.
- Excel V – Spider veins and varicose veins are treated differently, as the former are more superficial. This laser treatment offers a noninvasive, downtime-free option for patients with noticeable spider veins.
What can I expect from my vein treatment results?
One of our physicians will discuss your likely treatment results at your initial appointment so that your expectations are in line with the process. We will develop a treatment plan that best suits your goals, preferences and veins.
What will my treatment process be like?
The treatment process will vary depending on your unique case and the means of vein closure. We will make every step clear ahead of beginning treatment so that you know exactly what to expect. The broad steps of your vein treatment will follow this path:
- Initial consult: Discussion of which treatment option(s) are ideal for your veins
- Ultrasound: Vein mapping via ultrasound for our doctors’ use during your treatment and to provide information to your insurance company for treatment coverage
- Ultrasound Follow-Up: Discussion of your ultrasound and submission of the images to your insurance provider
- Treatments: EVLT (Endovenous Laser Treatment), phlebectomy, Varithena or VenaSeal – each treatment option takes approximately an hour and a half and is followed by minimal downtime
- Post-Operative Ultrasound: Final ultrasound to ensure that treatment was effective and varicose veins have been resolved
- Final Follow-up: Discussion of treatment results and long-term care
Will my insurance cover vein treatments?
Our Crown Point office provides advanced, state of the art, minimally invasive vein treatments to the surrounding area. We do everything possible to ensure that your treatment will be covered by your medical insurance, and submit your ultrasounds to your insurance for approval before proceeding with treatment in earnest. Medical insurance will typically cover vein treatments, and we are available to assist you throughout the billing process.
Our Crown Point office was established in 2018 after we moved from the Merrillville Twin Towers. We are proud to bring our services to the Crown Point community, with easy access off I-65. Request your appointment today to meet with our expert physicians in our luxury office!