How can I manage my varicose veins?
Varicose veins impact people in a wide range of ways. Your veins may not cause you physical discomfort, but may make you uncomfortable because of their appearance. Your veins may ache and cause pain during your daily activities, leading you to seek ways to find relief. No matter your situation, if you’re not happy with varicose veins, you have a range of options for treatment and ongoing maintenance.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms related to your veins, they merit professional attention:
- Difficulty sleeping due to discomfort
- Difficulty engaging in physical activity
- Ongoing pain
- Venous ulcers
- Any negative impact to your quality of life
Types of Visible Veins
- Varicose veins – These veins are typically purple / blue in color and may bulge out from the skin.
- Saphenous varicose veins – These veins are in the legs and can look rope-like. They may not have a noticeable color but typically protrude from the skin.
- Reticular varicose veins – These veins typically cover a wide area of the skin and spread outward. They may have a red, purple or greenish hue and do not necessarily bulge.
- Pregnancy-related veins – Physical changes that occur during pregnancy can lead to varicose veins appearing. These typically resolve naturally 6-12 weeks after delivery.
- Spider veins – These veins are smaller, with fine red to purple lines appearing on the surface of the skin. They often develop on the legs, but can also take hold elsewhere on the face and body.
What are my vein treatment options?
Vein and Laser Institute offers state-of-the-art treatment options for varicose and spider veins. At your first appointment, one of our physicians will meet with you and examine your veins, perform advanced diagnostics and discuss your treatment goals to determine your ideal treatment plan.
We offer both nonsurgical and surgical options. Your physician will recommend the course of treatment that best suits both veins and your individual preferences for the treatment process.
Your treatment plan may include:
- EVLT – Endovenous laser therapy closes leaking veins to resolve broken valves and varicose veins. Treatment can be performed with only local anesthesia, and patients are able to return to work in 1-3 days after the procedure. EVLT has a high success rate and offers a less invasive treatment option than the traditional stripping and ligation procedure.
- Phlebectomy – During this procedure, your doctor makes tiny incisions in the surface of the skin and removes diseased veins through these incisions. The procedure is minimally invasive.
- Varithena – We are proud to be the first clinic in La Porte to offer this advanced vein closure foam. Varithena is administered using an ultrasound machine to make the procedure minimally invasive.
- VenaSeal – This FDA-approved vein closure system is also one of the newest and most advanced varicose vein treatments available in the La Porte area. VenaSeal uses an adhesive to closing leaking veins.
- Excel V – Spider veins and varicose veins are treated differently, as the former are more superficial. This laser treatment offers a noninvasive, downtime-free option for patients with noticeable spider veins.
What can I expect from my vein treatment results?
Will my insurance cover vein treatments?
Our La Porte office provides advanced, state of the art, minimally invasive vein treatments to the surrounding area. We do everything possible to ensure that your treatment will be covered by your medical insurance, and submit your ultrasounds to your insurance for approval before proceeding with treatment in earnest. Medical insurance will typically cover vein treatments, and we are available to assist you throughout the billing process.
Our La Porte office was established in 2021 as our fourth location. We’re located just off Pine Lake Ave next to Fishtrap Lake and are conveniently accessible. If you have any questions about your veins, don’t hesitate to get in touch to schedule an appointment.